Adult Day Health Manager
- PACE Burlington - PACE Burlington Administration
- Full Time
Adult Day Health Manager
Piedmont Health Services, Inc.
Bilingual English/Spanish PREFERRED
The primary responsibility of the Adult Day Health Manager is to oversee the day-to-day adult day health center operations, including staffing, scheduling and supervision of the nursing assistants and recreational therapy staff. (Clinical training of CNAs is provided by a nurse.) The position facilitates the assessment, coordination, monitoring and provision of health care services and treatment for program participants within the adult day health center. It is also responsible for the integration of new participants into the health care delivery system, including but not limited to orientation to the center and continued monitoring of medical and social needs. The manager incorporates certified nursing assistants into day center recreational programming. The Adult Day Health Manager participates in quality improvement initiatives and ensures compliance with polices and regulations. Most importantly, the successful individual in this position radiates an infectious enthusiasm, possesses a joie de vivre, and thrives when serving seniors.
• Bachelor's degree required in related field (e.g. social work, nursing, or recreational therapy).
• Per North Carolina Adult Day Health Center (ADHC) standards, this position must have at least two years of work experience in supervisory and administration required.
• One year's experience with direct care of the elderly required.
• Prefer experience in home care, adult day health, or long term care setting.
• Must have experience demonstrating strong interpersonal, organizational, mediation skills, group facilitation and consensus-building skills
• Interest in and willingness to lead by example, directly providing direct care of participants
• Must possess the ability to prioritize; multi-task duties within the role as well as problem solve and think analytically/critically
• Must have the ability to effectively handle difficult and unusual interpersonal situations
• Must have proven leadership and management skills to include the ability to learn, teach, research, develop and implement policies and procedures and/or projects as needed independent
Language: Bilingual English/Spanish fluency preferred
Type of Employees Supervised: Certified Nursing Assistant Supervisor, Recreational therapists, and Activities Coordinators
Licensure, Registry or Certification Preferred: Recreational Therapist, social worker, or registered nurse preferred; presents credentials which demonstrate ability to meet performance criteria for the position; Valid NC driver's license.
Immunizations: Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date prior to beginning employment.
PATIENT POPULATION SERVED
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to medical providers, patients and multiple personnel in person and over the telephone.
Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens. Must meet certification by colorblind standards.
Other: Will be working with potentially hazardous chemicals, exposure to patient body fluids.
Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 40 pounds unassisted.
Requires frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift. Requires exposure to communicable diseases and/or bodily fluids.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts