- PACE Pittsboro - PACE Pittsboro Rehab
- Full Time
PIEDMONT HEALTH SERVICES, INC. SENIORCARE
The primary responsibility of the Physical Therapist is to evaluate and reassess participants' mobility level and other functional abilities. Provide and recommend therapeutic exercise, gait training, ambulation, etc. Plans and develops group exercise programs for maintenance therapy for participants. Responsible for the physical therapy provided at the Day Center.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy if obtained prior to the year 2000; if obtained after the year 2000, then a Master's Degree in Physical Therapy. 1 year experience working with the frail or elderly population.
- Must be able to demonstrate clinical competency with geriatric population
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by PHSC and approved by CMS before working independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Type of Employees Supervised: Aides as program needs indicate.
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: Licensed Physical Therapist in NC. Valid NC driver's license.
Immunizations: Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date prior to beginning employment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Requires frequent sitting for long periods, operation of standard office machines and computer. May require lifting of up to 25 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires the use of office equipment, such as computer terminals, telephones and copiers. Requires normal vision. Work is performed in an office environment. Contact with staff and external clients/vendors.