- PACE Burlington - PACE Burlington Recreation
- Full Time
The primary responsibility of the Activities Coordinator is to organize general group activities not associated with treatment plans and manage the program's inventory of supplies, crafts and games for activities. The Activities Coordinator also interviews program participants regarding their interests and hobbies, however, all treatment plans, therapeutic activity plans and treatment interventions are designed and established by a Licensed Recreational Therapist (LRT) to achieve specific participant/client outcomes consistent with the overall treatment plan established by IDT.
Education/Experience: High school diploma. Minimum 2 years' experience in a social or recreational program providing and coordinating services for a frail or elderly population within the past 5 years.
• Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
• Working knowledge of recreational therapeutic activities and recreation services, and applicable principles, techniques, methods, activities and their proper implementation
• Ability to report participant response, reaction and behavior through written and oral communications
• Ability to work effectively with elderly participants of various mental competence and physical disabilities
• Must meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by PHSC and approved by CMS before working independently.
Type of Employees Supervised: None.
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: None.
Immunizations: Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date prior to beginning employment.
PATIENT POPULATION SERVED
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires frequent sitting for long periods, operation of standard office machines and computer. May require lifting of up to 25 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires the use of office equipment, such as computer terminals, telephones and copiers. Requires normal vision. Work is performed in an office environment. Contact with staff and external clients/vendors.