Medical Assistant - Moncure Community Health Center
- Moncure - Moncure Nursing
- Full Time
The Medical Assistant assists the provider in proving clinical care to the patient. The MA performs a variety of duties to include:
clinical, administrative and laboratory functions. This job includes a very large amount of patient contact.
Education: Graduate from Medical Assistant School or Associates Degree or BS in health-related field
Current/valid License: None.
- Two (2) years as a Medical Assistant
- If less than 2 years' experience, as an MA but has an AS/ BS in Health-related Field, employee will attend a six-week, in-house, paid, fulltime MA training program. Upon successful completion, individual can function as a Medical Assistant and will be placed at the hiring site.
- Completion of Medical Assisting Coursework
- Participation in an interdisciplinary team
- Prior recent experience in a healthcare setting(within past five (5) years
May have a combination of both education and experience
**Successful completion of training as a medical assistant and ability to pass a test within 90 days of hire.
PATIENT POPULATION SERVED
Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric, Prenatal. Diverse population of patients.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
Extended periods of walking, standing, bending, lifting, pulling and pushing. Performance of essential duties requires
close and distance vision and hearing acuity. Must be able to perform heavy lifting, generally more than 25 pounds.
Clinical environment with exposure to chemicals, pathogens and patient body fluids. Requires working under stressful
Conditions, and ability to multi-task.