Family Medicine Physician
- Charles Drew - Charles Drew Medical Providers
- Full Time
Family Medicine Physician
Burlington Community Health Center
Full-Time with Benefits
Physicians at Piedmont Health Services, Inc. deliver the full range of ambulatory primary care services, including diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illness in all age groups, preventative and well child care, minor surgical procedures, and occasional medical emergencies. The Physicians are responsible for seeing their scheduled patients as well as walk-ins and add-ons; providing coverage during the operating hours of the Center; providing telephone consultation as needed; performing administrative tasks associated with the provision of medical care; participating in quality improvement activities and providing community service. Medical Physicians are expected to manage all patients and conditions within the scope of their training and approved privileges.
• Assesses individual patient conditions utilizing clinical observation, medical record, verbal
• Information and interaction with patient/family.
• Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such differences.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of the age groups served.
• Demonstrates the ability to utilize medical knowledge and sound judgment to appropriately diagnose and treat patients according to the patient's age, within scope of training and approved privileges.
• Thoroughly documents the patient encounter in a legible, comprehensive and accurate manner utilizing CFMC approved formats and updates pertinent medical record forms, within 24 hours of the patient encounter.
• Appropriately refers patients for subspecialty care as needed.
• Rotates weekly telephone call responsibility, provides appropriate medical advice by telephone and documents telephone encounter.
• Appropriately consults with Supervising or Backup Physicians regarding complex cases.
• Expedites patient flow by seeing patients as assigned by nursing staff (including add-ons and walk-ins).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education/Board Certification: Primary source verified Doctor of Medicine (Family Medicine) or Doctor of Osteopathy degree and completed residency. All medical Physicians shall be board certified or board eligible with certification pending.
Licensure/Certifications: North Carolina license to practice as a physician is required and must be kept current. Controlled Substance Registration Certificate from the Drug Enforcement Administration ("DEA certificate") is required and must be kept current. If the physician does not possess the following items, they should be obtained as soon as practical and thereafter maintained: NC privilege license is required by the state of NC and must be posted in the provider's office, BLS certification is required.
PATIENT POPULATION SERVED
Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric (Specific age groups for which the physician will provide medical care will be
based on his/her scope of training and approved privileges).