Family Medicine Physician
- Burlington CHC - Burlington Medical Providers
- Full Time
Burlington Community Health Center
Full-Time with Benefits
Providers at Piedmont Health Services, Inc. Center deliver the full range of ambulatory primary care services, including diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illness in all age groups, preventative and well child care, minor surgical procedures, and occasional medical emergencies. The providers are responsible for seeing their scheduled patients as well as walk-ins and add-ons; providing coverage during the operating hours of the Center; providing telephone consultation as needed; performing administrative tasks associated with the provision of medical care; participating in quality improvement activities and providing community service. Medical providers are expected to manage all patients and conditions within the scope of their training and approved privileges. There are no categorical limits on the type of clinical problems or patients seen by an Advanced Practitioner; however, severe illness and complex presenting complaints are understood to warrant consultation with a supervising physician.
- Assesses individual patient conditions utilizing clinical observation, medical record, verbal
- information and interaction with patient/family.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle choices on patient condition and makes
- accommodations for such differences.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation
- process in delivery of services to patients of the age groups served.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize medical knowledge and sound judgment to appropriately diagnose and treat patients according to the patient's age, within scope of training and approved privileges.
- Thoroughly documents the patient encounter in a legible, comprehensive and accurate manner utilizing CFMC approved formats and updates pertinent medical record forms, within 24 hours of the patient encounter.
- Appropriately refers patients for subspecialty care as needed.
- Rotates weekly telephone call responsibility, provides appropriate medical advice by telephone
- and documents telephone encounter.
- Appropriately consults with Supervising or Backup Physicians regarding complex cases
- Expedites patient flow by seeing patients as assigned by nursing staff (including add-ons
- and walk-ins).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education: Advanced Practitioner providers must have completed an approved Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program and receive certification as appropriate.
Licensure/Certifications: A North Carolina license to practice as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner is required and must be kept current. Controlled Substance Registration Certificate from the Drug Enforcement Administration ("DEA certificate") is required and must be kept current.
Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification are required and should be renewed every 2 years.
Piedmont Health Services, Inc. https://piedmonthealth.plansource.com