Medical Assistant III- Point of Care Testing (24 hours per week) INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY
- - ALL PHS Locations, NC, 27510
- Part Time
The Piedmont Health Services (PHS) Medical Assistant III – Point of Care Team (POCT) will perform a combination of
administrative and clinical tasks in support of PHS' laboratories. Will work in concert with other clinical staff and will be an
essential part of Piedmont's healthcare team.
Education: High School Graduate.
Current/valid License: None
Experience: Currently employed with PHS as a Medical Assistant II or III. Must be familiar with Point of Care Testing and proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Visits all sites including PACE in the laboratory area
- Ensures that all POCT are conducted by trained staff
- Ensures that training document is in compliance with The Joint Commission/NCDHHS
- Reviews all Quality Control with staff
- Trains new and current staff for all POCT
- Trains in all Quality Control areas including documentation
- Makes certain that procedures for all POCT are current –Procedure manual
- Makes sure all staff performing POCT has completed competencies (Relias/JC)
- Ensures that CLIA certificates at all locations are within criteria
- Responsible for Laboratory supplies /inventory management for POCT and Quality Control materials
- Orders HIV testing and Quality Control materials
- Works on HIV Proficiency testing with all POCT staffing
- Tracks pap smears
- Lab Corp pick up coordination
- Researches denied claims from Lab Corp including missing ICD/Insurance information
- Conducts follow/up on lab billing calls
- Performs all other duties as assigned.