Chief Medical Officer
- Chapel Hill - Chapel Hill Administration
- Full Time
Oversees clinical services and assures high level of safety, quality and efficiency. The Chief Medical Officer is responsible for the overall management of all clinical programs at Piedmont Health Services, Inc. The Chief Medical Officer is responsible for the staffing, productivity requirements, contractual relationships, and scheduling for clinical areas. The Chief Medical Officer has the responsibility for the overall management of all quality of care programs and will coordinate laboratory and pharmacy services. The position directly supervises Community Health Center Medical Director, Associate Medical Director for Informatics and Health Outcomes, Director of Nursing, Director of Behavioral Health, Laboratory Director, Director of Quality and Corporate Compliance and Administrative staff in the Medical Department. The position also jointly supervises the PACE (SeniorCare) Medical Director: works in conjunction with the PACE Executive Director and PACE Medical Director to oversee clinical programs in that division.
The position requires completion of Medical School and Residency Program(s) as well as Board Certification in Family Medicine (Internal Medicine/Pediatrics). Master's Degree in Public Health or Business Administration is highly desirable. A minimum of five (5) years of clinical experience in Family Medicine is required. Five (5) years of clinical leadership is also required preferably in a large Physician Practice, Community Health Center or PACE SeniorCare program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of relevant standards of medical care, medical practice, regulations and clinical guidelines.
• Experience with non-profit management, and/or strong knowledge of community health center management.
• Experience or knowledge of team-based care and its benefits to the well-being of all patients.
• Experience in the care of the underserved population is desirable.
• Excellent knowledge of social determinants of health.
• The successful candidate will read, write and speak fluent English, possess excellent communication skills and will be capable of articulating Piedmont's clinical and regulatory strategies and progress to a wide audience including the CEO, the Board of Directors and
• Must have excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; should have proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside of the company; must have outstanding executive presence.
• Must be able to work with a diverse team of medical professionals to ensure that Piedmont Health patients receive appropriate care for all of their medical and psychosocial needs.
• Must have a results-oriented work ethic and a positive, can-do attitude. Effective leadership, people management, communication skills and a team builder management style are essential; must be willing and able to be "hands on."
• Must have and demonstrate the highest personal values and ethical standards.