- PACE Pittsboro - PACE Pittsboro Nursing
- Full Time
PACE (SENIORCARE) PITTSBORO
ABOUT NURSING AT PHS
The Nurse Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day clinical operations and care management services, including staffing, scheduling and supervision of the nursing staff. The position facilitates the assessment, coordination, monitoring and provision of health care services and treatment for program participants. The Nurse Manager facilitates the integration of new participants into the health care delivery system, including but not limited to, the oversight and management of medications, immunizations, routine monitoring of chronic problems and nursing care plan development. The Nurse Manager assists in the training and competency validation for certified nursing assistants. Lastly, the Nurse Manager participates in quality improvement initiatives and ensures compliance with policies and regulations. All other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required. Master's Degree in Nursing preferred. Required: At least 2 years supervisory experience and 1 year caring for the frail or elderly. Preferred: At least 5 years clinical nursing experience. Preferred experience in home care long term care setting and ideally, PACE experience.
• Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, group facilitation and consensus-building skills
• Must possess skills necessary to provide care for geriatric patients
• Must have proven clinical leadership and management skills, to include the ability to learn, teach, research, develop and implement policies and procedures and/or projects as needed independently
• Must possess the ability to prioritize, multi-task duties within the role as well as problem solve and think analytically/critically
• Must have the ability to effectively handle difficult and unusual interpersonal situations
• Must possess broad knowledge base of nursing clinical practice
• Ability to work within a team environment and foster team cohesiveness
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Must meet a standardized set of competencies established by Piedmont Health SeniorCare and approved by CMS before working independently
• Must only act within the scope of his/her authority to practice
Type of Employees Supervised: Nurse Care Managers, Home Care Coordinators, Medical Assistant and Certified Nursing Assistants.
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: RN currently licensed in NC; Presents credentials which demonstrate ability to meet performance criteria for the RN position; Valid NC driver's license.
Immunizations: Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date prior to beginning employment.
PATIENT POPULATION SERVED
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Extended periods of walking, standing, bending, lifting, pulling and pushing. Performance of essential duties requires close and distance vision, hearing acuity, dexterity and stamina. Must be able to perform heavy lifting, generally more than 100 pounds. Clinical environment with exposure to chemicals, pathogens and patient body fluids. Ability to work under stressful conditions. Ability to multitask.