- ALL PHS Locations, NC, 27510 - All PHS Nursing
- Full Time
FLOAT STAFF NURSE
PIEDMONT HEALTH SERVICES
ALL SITES: ORANGE, CASWELL, CHATHAM, & ALAMANCE COUNTIES
2 FULL-TIME WITH BENEFITS POSITIONS AVAILABLE!!!
3 - 12 HOUR SHIFTS AVAIALBLE - WORKING 3 DAYS PER WEEK!!!
Utilizes the nursing process including: assessment, planning, implementation evaluation and recording of patient care and patient
education. Provides support to providers by anticipating needs and providing assistance in the provision of care. Coordinates services
with other members of the health-care team, internal and external, to provide complex patient care. Answers or returns phone calls.
Provides onsite and telephone triage. Mentors and participates in the orientation of new staff. Provides leadership and models
professional behavior for the Medical Assistants. Assist with the check in process when needed. Practices within the scope of the
North Carolina Nurse Practice Act and Piedmont Health Services' policies, procedures, and standards.
The float staff nurse travels to all PHS sites as needed. sites are located in Orange, Caswell, Chatham, and Alamance Counties.
• Education: Diploma, Associate or Bachelor's degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
• Licensures/Certifications: Current/valid NC Registered Nurse's License and Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) is required.
• Experience: Six months of previous clinical experience post nursing school
• Preferred experience: Previous experience in an ambulatory health care setting
PATIENT POPULATION SERVED
Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric, Prenatal. Diverse population of patients.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Extended periods of walking, standing, bending, lifting, pulling and pushing. Performance of essential duties requires close and
distance vision, hearing acuity, dexterity and stamina. Must be able to perform heavy lifting, generally more than 25 pounds. Clinical
environment with exposure to chemicals, pathogens and patient body fluids. Ability to work under stressful conditions. Ability to