Community Health Worker- RN
- ALL PHS Locations, NC, 27510 - All PHS Nursing
- Full Time
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER- RN
FLOATING POSITION, FULL-TIME, BENEFITS ELIGIBLE
PIEDMONT HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
2 POSITIONS AVAILABLE!!!
Utilizes the nursing process including: assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and recording of patient care and patient
education. The primary role of the RN Community Health Worker will be to record, reconcile, educate, monitor, prep and administer vaccines within the community setting within the pediatric and adult population. As assigned, this position will also assist with managed care services by outreaching to PHS patients on a monthly basis at minimum to monitor health status, evaluate of care plan goals and assist in the coordination of patient care and services. The nurse practices within the scope of the North Carolina Nurse Practice Act and Piedmont Health Services' policies, procedures and standards.
- Education: Diploma, Associate or Bachelor's degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Licensures/Certifications: Current/valid NC Registered Nurse's License and Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) is required.
- Experience: Six months of previous clinical experience post nursing school
Preferred experience: Previous experience in an ambulatory health care setting
Patient Population Served:
Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric, Prenatal. Diverse population of patients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Administration of vaccines per CDC guidelines and PHS policy and procedure.
- Provide patient education.
- As needed, assist in providing any clinical care a patient may need post vaccination.
- Participates in training/retraining and continuing education programs as necessary.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures in the work area, including use of PPE to prevent exposure to potentially infectious agents. **when administering the covid-19 vaccine, facemask and face shield or goggles are required at all times.
- Adheres to quality assurance procedures and maintains all HIPAA standards.
- Assist with monitoring patients post vaccination if/when needed.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills by performing appropriate interventions.
- Responds quickly and performs proficiently and precisely during crises and emergency situations.
- Verifies and safely administers medications.
- Follows protocols for administration and documentation.
- Contributes to optimal efficiency and productivity of the clinical care team by anticipating needs of patient.
- Utilizes clinical judgment and critical thinking to provide appropriate advice or intervention.
- Contacts patients to check in health status, provide education, support and coordination of care and services.
- Documents in the EMR per PHS policy and procedure.
- Performances all others duties as assigned.