- Carrboro - Carrboro Nursing
- Full Time
Piedmont Health Serives
Carrboro Community Health Center
Full-Time with Benefits
Utilizes the nursing process including: assessment, planning, implementation evaluation and recording of patient care and patient education. Provides support to providers by anticipating needs and providing assistance in the provision of care. Coordinates services with other members of the health-care team, internal and external, to provide complex patient care. Answers or returns phone calls. Provides onsite and telephone triage. Mentors and participates in the orientation of new staff. Provides leadership and models professional behavior for the Medical Assistants. Assists with the check in process when needed. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary care team and participates in huddles. Performs other duties as assigned. Practices within the scope of the North Carolina Nurse Practice Act and Piedmont Health Services' policies, procedures, and standards.
- Education: Associates or Bachelor's degree from an accredited School of Nursing
- Licensures/Certifications: Current/valid NC Registered Nurse's License and Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) is required.
- Experience: One year of general registered nursing experience preferably within the last five years. The one year requirement may be waived when a Bachelor of Science in Nursing has been obtained within the last two years with coursework in Community Health Nursing; and a community health internship has been completed within the last two years.
- Preferred experience: Previous experience in an ambulatory health care setting, Bi-lingual English/Spanish
PATIENT POPULATION SERVED
Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric, Prenatal. Diverse population of patients.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
Extended periods of walking, standing, bending, lifting, pulling and pushing. Performance of essential duties requires close and distance vision, hearing acuity, dexterity and stamina. Must be able to perform heavy lifting, generally more than 25 pounds. Clinical environment with exposure to chemicals, pathogens and patient body fluids. Ability to work under stressful conditions. Ability to multitask.