- PACE Burlington - PACE Burlington Nursing
- Full Time
**Attention: Piedmont Health Services (PHS) is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our patients, employees and others we serve. As a condition to begin employment, all new hires at PHS are required to submit proof of a completed a COVID-19 vaccine series (first and second dose of Moderna or Pfizer; or single dose of Johnson and Johnson) prior to their employment start date, unless approved for a medical and/or religious exemption.
Please review the PHS policy and process for applying to be considered for a medical and/or religious exemption here: https://www.phsbenefits.org/employee-forms/
Piedmont Health Services, Inc.
Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
The Nurse Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day clinic operations, including staffing, scheduling and supervision of the clinic nursing staff. The position facilitates the assessment, coordination, monitoring and provision of health care services and treatment for program participants. The Nurse Manager facilitates the integration of new participants into the health care delivery system, including but not limited to, the oversight and management of medications, immunizations, routine monitoring of chronic problems and nursing care plan development. Lastly, the Nurse Manager participates in quality improvement initiatives and ensures compliance with policies and regulations.
Education/Experience: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required. Master's Degree in Nursing preferred. Required: At least 2 years supervisory experience. Preferred: At least 5 years clinical nursing experience. Preferred experience in home care long term care setting and ideally, PACE experience. One year of experience with the frail or elderly preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, group facilitation and consensus-building skills
- Must possess skills necessary to provide care for geriatric patients
- Must have proven clinical leadership and management skills, to include the ability to learn, teach, research, develop and implement policies and procedures and/or projects as needed independently
- Must possess the ability to prioritize, multi-task duties within the role as well as problem solve and think analytically/critically
- Must have the ability to effectively handle difficult and unusual interpersonal situations
- Must possess broad knowledge base of nursing clinical practice
- Ability to work within a team environment and foster team cohesiveness
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must meet a standardized set of competencies established by Piedmont Health SeniorCare and approved by CMS before working independently
- Must only act within the scope of his/her authority to practice
Type of Employees Supervised: Nurse Care Managers, Medical Assistant(s), and Clinic Certified Nursing Assistant(s).
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: RN currently licensed in NC; Presents credentials which demonstrate ability to meet performance criteria for the RN position; Valid NC driver's license.
Immunizations: Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date prior to beginning employment.
PATIENT POPULATION SERVED
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
- Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
- Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to medical providers, patients and multiple personnel in person and over the telephone.
- Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens. Must meet certification by colorblind standards.
- Other: Will be working with potentially hazardous chemicals, exposure to patient body fluids.
- Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 40 pounds unassisted.
- Requires frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift. Requires exposure to communicable diseases and/or bodily fluids.