CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) for Home Care
- PACE Burlington - PACE Burlington Nursing
- Part Time
**Attention: Piedmont Health Services (PHS) is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our patients, employees and others we serve. As a condition to begin employment, all new hires at PHS are required to submit proof of a completed a COVID-19 vaccine series (first and second dose of Moderna or Pfizer; or single dose of Johnson and Johnson) prior to their employment start date, unless approved for a medical and/or religious exemption.
Please review the PHS policy and process for applying to be considered for a medical and/or religious exemption here: https://www.phsbenefits.org/employee-forms/
Certified Nursing Assistant (Home Care)
PRN (Part-Time) - $16.00/Hour
Piedmont Health Services, Inc.
Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
The primary responsibility of the Certified Nursing Assistant is to assist home care clients with delegated personal care tasks, safe ambulation and perform other tasks as assigned within the client's residence.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Successful completion of Nurse's Aide, Home Health Aid or equivalent training course. One year of experience with the frail or elderly preferred.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Must be able to provide assistance and services to people of all ages, including geriatrics.
- Must meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by PHS before working independently.
Type of Employees Supervised: None.
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: Certified Nursing Assistant I or Certified Nursing Assistant II. Valid NC driver's license
Immunizations: Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date prior to beginning employment.
Patient Population Served
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
- Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to medical providers, patients and multiple personnel in person and over the telephone.
- Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens. Must meet certification by colorblind standards.
- Other: Will be working with potentially hazardous chemicals, exposure to patient body fluids.
- Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 40 pounds unassisted.
- Requires frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift. Requires exposure to communicable diseases and/or bodily fluids.