Employee Health & Wellness Clinic Physician
- ALL PHS Locations, NC, 27510 - All PHS Medical Providers
- Full Time
Employee Health & Wellness Clinic Provider
Piedmont Health Services, Inc.
Chapel Hill, NC
Family Medicine or Med-Peds board certified physician to provide primary care for a limited panel of patients who are employees and/or dependents of employees of Piedmont Health Services. Willing to work with others as a team to provide preventive, urgent care, and wellness care for patients ranging in age from infants to adults. Must have some experience and willing to provide telehealth visits.
1. Patient Care:
- Willing to work with others as a team to provide preventive, urgent care, and wellness care for patients off all ages infants to adults.
- Assesses individual patient conditions utilizing clinical observation, medical records, verbal information and interactions with patient/family.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such differences.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in the delivery of services to patients of the age groups served: Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize medical knowledge and sound judgment to appropriately.
- Diagnose and treat patients according to the patient's age, within the scope of training and approved privileges.
- Utilizes medical knowledge and sound judgment to appropriately prescribe medications, within the scope of training and approved privileges
- Thoroughly documents the patient encounter in a legible, comprehensive and accurate manner utilizing CFMC approved formats and updates pertinent medical record forms, within 24 hours of the patient encounter.
- Appropriately refers patients for subspecialty care as needed
- Appropriately consults with Supervising Physicians regarding complex cases.
- Expedites patient flow by seeing patients as assigned by nursing staff (including add-ons and walk-ins).
2. Administrative Duties
- Addresses needs of patients in an accurate, thorough and timely manner by (1) following up patient phone calls and taking appropriate action (2) completing patient forms related to medical conditions, care, etc.
- Reviews and signs dictated notes, lab test results, consult reports, and all other patient information, and takes appropriate action, according to PHS protocols within established timeframes.
- Monitors medical records for completeness and accuracy.
3. Patient Education:
- Ensures learning needs of the patient/family are addressed and documented.
- Assesses the patient's ability to learn.
- Selects appropriate teaching method based on age, learning ability, and other pertinent factors.
- Explains procedures, treatments, medication usage as appropriate.
- Documents teaching and patient/family response to such in the patient medical record.
4. Procedure Execution:
- Performs medical procedures, treatments, and tests using skilled technique and following all prescribed safety regulations to ensure accurate results.
- Routinely takes precautions relative to age, medical history, condition of the patient, and type of treatment being administered.
- Operates equipment accurately to perform the procedure, making adjustments as needed and timing equipment usage properly.
- Monitors course of procedure to ensure desired therapeutic or diagnostic results are obtained and modify as needed.
- Provides for patient's physical needs during procedures to ensure continued comfort and safety.
5. Quality Control/Safety:
- Observes National Patient Safety Goals.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Monitors environment to ensure safety.
- Reports equipment malfunctions, safety hazards, and incidents promptly to the appropriate personnel.
- Consistently follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment appropriately.
6.Customer Service (Internal and External Customers)
- Demonstrates concern for the rights, privacy, and confidentiality of patients and others.
- Understands the urgency of customer needs and responds promptly.
- Treats all patients in accordance with the Patient's Bill of Rights.
- Considers the impact on patients, visitors, and peers when taking action and carrying out one's own job tasks.
- Anticipates the needs of patients, visitors, providers, and peers and assists them in a helpful, professional and positive manner.
- Seeks to solve problems for patients and their families and offers assistance and encouragement to others.
- Communicates with patients/families, visitors, and coworkers in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Demonstrates effective communication recognizing diversity among age groups, cultures, and educational levels.
Consistently works in a positive and cooperative manner with other employees in and outside of the departmental unit
Values and incorporates the contributions of people from diverse backgrounds; demonstrates
respect for the opinions and ideas of others
Assist in training and orientation of new staff
Shares information and own expertise with others to enable them to accomplish goals and objectives
Seeks out opportunities to help rather than waiting to be asked
Assist other team members in the performance of their assignment
Considers the impact of behavior on other staff
8. Professional Conduct
- Maintains a professional demeanor in all interactions with patients and staff.
- Functions independently and completes assignments with minimal supervision.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Maintains acceptable attendance record.
- Observes work schedule by being punctual for a shift, observing designated break schedule, and not leaving work area while on duty.
- Adheres to all applicable Center and department rules, policies and procedures.
- Participates in continuing education, in-services, staff development, and meetings.
- Has completed annual retraining to include bloodborne pathogens, age specific and cultural competency, and safety.
- Responds positively to constructive criticism from peers and supervisors.
- Completes work in an organized and timely manner.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Meets productivity standards.
- Strives to improve productivity.
- Organize job functions and work area to effectively complete assignments.
- Manage resources efficiently and works to reduce costs and improve quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Experience: Two years experience as Family Medicine or Med-Peds board certified physician preferred.
Must have some experience and willing to provide telehealth visits.
Education/Board Certification: Primary source verified Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree and completed the residency. All medical providers shall be board certified.
Licensure/Certifications: North Carolina license to practice as a physician is required and must be kept current. Controlled Substance Registration Certificate from the Drug Enforcement Administration ("DEA certificate") is required and must be kept current.
Basic Life Support (BLS), certification is required and should be renewed every 2 years.
Schedule: Willing to work a flexible schedule: some days may start as early as 7:30 AM then end by 3:30 and others may start later so that evening hours can be provided
Piedmont Health Services, Inc. https://piedmonthealth.plansource.com